Do You Have Trouble Finding Time For Your Passions?


Do you have any passions? Everyone has something that they love more than anything else and are in pure nirvana while doing. We all have something that we excel at or at least really, really enjoy doing. Writing is my pure nirvana. However, I feel like I never have time to actually write.

What about you? Do you ever feel like you have so many mundane things to do that you don't have time for your passions, the things that make you feel truly alive? I have always felt this to some extent, but never to the extent that I now feel.

Recently, I have made an effort to try to write more, and sadly, I have failed to epic proportions. I have always wanted to write a book and had multiple ideas for one, but I have never actually sat down to write the book. In the past few weeks, I have tried to get to know some of the characters or plot the storyline for some of my ideas before summer rolls around and I actually have time to write a the whole first draft of a book. During the school year, many mundane things come up, like laundry, homework, and other school things that prevent me from writing, so I think that it makes sense to plan to write a book when you don't have such interruptions.

But, for some reason, I just can't seem to find time to write. I can't seem to find time to express myself, and when I do, I am either very tired or am just out of inspiration. I know the quote from Jack London, "You can't wait for inspiration to come around, you have to go after it with a club." I guess that maybe my current lifestyle doesn't work with what my passion is. Or maybe I just need to plan my other activities better so I have time for my passion.


We live in such a busy world that it is hard to find time for the things you love. So I I now know that you can only experience your passions when you want to. I know that I should plan my life so I have time for my passion, but honestly, I don't want to.

Writers are supposed to capture life right there on the page, in their own written word. I don't think that I can capture life accurately on the page without first experiencing life. I need to do my "research" per say and actually feel what it is like to live through the things that my characters are going through.

I know that you may be wondering what this means. No, I am not bailing on my blog. I don't know what I would do without my small corner of the internet, where I get to share my passion of writing and books with the world. I am not going to try to write during the school year. It's just not going to work out. I will "research" for my books by living life. I will still try to write over the summer, but I am not going to put as much stress on myself as I usually do with these types of things.

What about you? Have you found any realizations when trying to find time for your passions? Have you found a way to make time for your passions? Let me know in the comments below?

Comments

  1. Yesss, the struggle is REAL. And I think most creative people do struggle with this?? Especially those of us who like multiple creatives things. Like blogging AND reading AND writing. Combined with school/work/general life?? *collapses in a heap* Merp. I do think sometimes it's not the "right" time in life to be focused on a certain thing though? I mean, it's hard to tell, though. Last year was not a writerly year for me, but this yera is better. *nods*
    And one thing I find, with writing at least, is to put aside a particular TIME for it? Like doing NaNoWriMos or something. I say "this time is for writing" and I work really hard, get it out the way, and then go back to the other stuff. I mean, that definitely doesn't work for everyone, but that's how I cope! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I'll do that. If I set aside maybe an hour or two a day during the summer to write, maybe a book will actually be written.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

Review Mashup #4: Geek Girl and Emmy & Oliver

Thoughts on The Wrath and the Dawn