Book Review: Counting By 7s // For The First Time In Forever, A Book Is Perfect

Counting By 7s
By: Holly Goldberg Sloan

100% 
Middle Grade Book

Blurb:
Willow Chance is a twelve-year-old genius, obsessed with nature and diagnosing medical conditions, who finds it comforting to count by 7s. It has never been easy for her to connect with anyone other than her adoptive parents, but that hasn’t kept her from leading a quietly happy life . . . until now.
 
Suddenly Willow’s world is tragically changed when her parents both die in a car crash, leaving her alone in a baffling world. The triumph of this book is that it is not a tragedy. This extraordinarily odd, but extraordinarily endearing, girl manages to push through her grief. Her journey to find a fascinatingly diverse and fully believable surrogate family is a joy and a revelation to read.
  
What I Liked:
☂ I really liked how touching this book was. I felt like I was Willow and everything that was happening in the book was happening to me. 

☂The writing style was marvelous. It was imaginative and made the book fly by. 

☂ Sloan: Sloan was very interesting, unique, and gave me a very different perspective. Sloan also went through great amounts of character development. 

☂ The plot and dialogue was adorable and great. 

What I Disliked:

☂ I did not dislike anything, and this is extremely rare for me. For the first time in forever, I find nothing wrong with a book. 
Summary:
☂ This is both a memorable and unique middle grade novel that has great characters that actually develop throughout the plot. 

☂ Good writing style that made the book fly by. 

Who Would I Recommend This To?
☂ Anyone who ever roamed this planet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?