Thoughts on Star Wars

Guys, I actually did something over break!! I watched some of the original Star Wars and went to see the new one.... twice.  Aren't you so proud of me? I did something that has nothing to do with books!
P.S. I don't really know how to review movies, so I hope these are okay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: A New Hope
★★★
"The force can have a strong impact on the weak-minded."

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

"Somebody has to save our skins." -Princess Leia

"If you strike me down, Darth, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I loved how this movie was both mysterious and action packed right from the beginning, so I was never bored. I loved the suspense that got me to the edge of my seat, and kept me there. However, I also felt that the movie was not very well explained in the beginning, but I felt that it is almost always the case in the beginning for most movies. This movie was epic and unexpected for me.

"Something is wrong. I can sense it." -Said everyone ever

I also really really liked seeing the old technology and scriptwriting trends and such from a while ago. However, I felt that some parts were very repetitive. I was glued to the screen at the end, but I honestly was just kind of waiting for it to be over in the middle and beginning. The climax was stellar and it was my favorite part.

Overall, I would recommend this classic packed with action, but not if you have a short attention span.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi
★★★★★
"Strong I am with the force, but not that strong."

"Your hate has made you powerful."

This book, again, had a slow beginning, but the action quickly picked up. I also really liked the small evils that they conquered throughout the plot to lead to, eventually a big victory. I also really liked the plot twists that definitely added to the plot. There was a lot of mystery and intense action, just like the other movie.

“I can sense his presence.” -said everyone ever

I felt like, again, that the dialogue was kind of repetitive and cliche. I also felt that the effects and action were very good for that time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: The Final Empire
★★★★

There was no slow beginning, to my surprise. This movie had everything that the other movies had, like action, adventure, suspense, and something different to it. This movie also had a special humor that made you laugh, but was classy at the same time. I liked how much the technology and video quality had improved since the other ones.

Overall, this was the best movie by far out of all of them.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall
While I did enjoy these movies, and they had a great elements, I felt that if you had seen the first movie, you have seen all of them. I would recommend for you to see them, as they are classics, and they are fun to watch, but they are not super great by any means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?