Thoughts on Finding Audrey


Finding Audrey

By: Sophie Kinsella

★★★★☆
85%
Teen Contemporary Book

What this is about

An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.

My Thoughts


This book was refreshing.

Audrey was not a character you would normally see in a Young Adult book. She had faults  that we all knew from the beginning. I found Audrey not to be relatable, but to be likable. Audrey also had TREMENDOUS character development. I love it so much when characters change and grow throughout the course of a book.They have and will continue to have problems, but they WILL AND WILL CONTINUE TO OVERCOME THOSE PROBLEMS. The overall concept and idea of the story was unique and different.

A few of the characters I loved to pieces. I laughed out loud so many times because of these characters.

I absolutely loved Audrey's mum (It feels so weird typing the word "mum", but I want to be correct, so I am going to type it anyway.) so much. She was hilarious. I loved how unreasonable she got and her and the computer. I also thought she was a refreshing mum. You don't see many characters like her, and I don't reckon I will any time soon. I also really liked the character Linus. I didn't just like him because of the SERIOUS FLUFF he provided, but because of who he was. Linus was patient, cute, different, and caring. He was willing to wait for Audrey to warm up to her and played along with her silly games, no matter how silly.

This book had a lot of quirks to it.

I really really liked the screenplays and how they worked their way into the story. They helped Audrey in a way that no human could help her. They made her laugh. The screenplays even made me laugh a few times. I also really liked the conversations between the characters and just between Audrey and Audrey. I loved the story this book told and how it told it. Audrey's family was also one of THE funniest I have ever read about.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has anxiety or is even the taddiest bit shy.

Have any of you read this book? Did you like it? Do you agree with what I said? If yes, why? If no, why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

Review Mashup #4: Geek Girl and Emmy & Oliver

Thoughts on The Wrath and the Dawn