What I don't like about Christmas


I love the Christmas season, like most people, but there is one aspect of the season that I can just not stand. How commercialized the season and gift giving in general has become. Don't get me wrong, I love watching my loved ones' faces when they open the presents I either made myself or put great thought into. I do not like how the sales and excess of presents has become. For goodness sake, black friday sales have leaked over to thanksgiving day. I do not like how much time and energy we spend looking at sales or coming up with a Christmas list.

Personally, I believe that the Christmas season should be about spending time with friends, loved ones, and family. I think that you should spend the Christmas holidays with your loved ones, baking cookies, and watching old Christmas movies together. If you and your family can,  help out those in need. Bake cookies for those in need. Donate money to a charity you would normally spend on unthoughtful gifts, such as gift cards. The Christmas season should be about who you spend time with, not what is under the Christmas tree.

I also think that it is completely ridiculous that people are starving, don't have a roof over their head, and may not be safe, while others are concerned about trivial matters, such as the brand of clothing that covers their back, how much they received for Christmas, and what grocery store they shop at. We should be more concerned with what really matters in life and what could be taken away from us at any moment, than anything else. We should also help those in need so they might have the wonderful things in life that we have. I am not saying that you need to donate your whole paycheck or savings account, but do what you can. If you can donate money to a charity that helps the hungry, do it. If you have time to volunteer at a homeless shelter this holiday season, do it. If you can make clothes and food for those who don't have any, do it. What I am trying to say is to make an effort to help those less fortunate than you this holiday season. Get out of the box, your comfort zone, and what you would normally do. Do the unexpected.


Are you inspired to help those in need and rebel against the commercialized Christmas? How did you like this post? Do you like different things like this on my blog? Tell me in the comments below.

Comments

  1. The present part of Christmas always freaks me out because I AM NOT A GIFT GIVER. XD Like I want to be? But I never know what to buy people and I always get so so nervous about it all. Gah. I tend to handmake a lot of presents though, so that helps. And it's always fun to shop second-hand and thrift stores and just recycle. :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Gosh! Are you my twin? I never know what to get for people, even when they are my best friend, and then I feel really bad.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Finding your groove with journaling

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?