Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss
By: Stephanie Perkins


80% out of 100
Teen Book 
372 pages

Blurb:

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits? 

What I Thought:

Everyone raves about this book, and I have to admit it was kind of addicting(okay REALLY addicting!).  I thought that it wasn't that good. I really liked Etienne (and his gorgeous accent). I also thought that Etienne would be such a sweet boyfriend if he was real (and he finally broke up with Ellie!).  I loved all of the gifts he gave Ah-na. I also thought it was adorable when he got mad "PANTS!" Etienne was adorable and so completely perfect except he clung to Ellie like a small child clings to its mother.  Anna was  a pretty good character.  I liked the movie reviews and her website.  It is kind of similar to this website, as in its not that popular and I post a lot and do what I love doing a lot. (Anna- what movie and take notes; Veronica- Read and take notes) Anna really bugged me when she kept saying that she still liked Toph when she obviously was falling for Etienne and Etienne liked her.  It was just soo obvious!!! I also really liked all of Anna's friends.  they were all so unique and "screw you" when someone was being an idiot. The pace of the book was good.  So was the setting and the diolouge.  I just hated the stupid things that the lovable characters did. I didn't like some of their reactions to things that weren't very important. The writing was good. The characters were AWESOME! The plot was well paced. I don't know what I don't LOVE about this book, it just wasn't the best.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

Thoughts on The Wrath and the Dawn

Review Mashup #4: Geek Girl and Emmy & Oliver