Book Review: Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library

Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library
By: Chris Grabenstein
95% out of 100
A book for eight to ten year olds
288 pages
Blurb:
Kyle Keeley is the class clown and a huge fan of all games—board games, word games, and particularly video games. His hero, Luigi Lemoncello, the most notorious and creative gamemaker in the world, just so happens to be the genius behind the construction of the new town library. Lucky Kyle wins a coveted spot as one of twelve kids invited for an overnight sleepover in the library, hosted by Mr. Lemoncello and riddled with lots and lots of games. But when morning comes, the doors stay locked. Kyle and the other kids must solve every clue and figure out every secret puzzle to find the hidden escape route!

What I Thought:
I absolutely loved this book!  It was so quirky and reminds me of something that my fourth grade teacher would have read aloud to us.  I didn't relate to any of the characters, but that is usually the case in middle grade books.  However, I did really like Sierra and her uniqueness.  Mr. Lemoncello was so cool, and I feel like that I would be similar to him if I was an eccentric billionaire.  
Also, I really wish an eccentric billionaire would transform our library like Mr. Lemoncello did in this book.  

I also loved the mystery aspect to this book.  I loved all the hidden messages and clues throughout the book. This book was an extremely fun, light read.  This book is also pretty quickly paced and a quick read.  When you pick this book up, you put this cheesy smile on your face and don't take it off until the book has been finished.  This book is something unique that you rarely come across in Middle Grade.  

Summary of my Review:
I would recommend this book too you, whether you are eight or eighty-eight.  This book is both quirky and cute. In some reviews that I have read on this book, they said that they found this book to be reminiscent of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I personally disagree and think that the only thing that is similar is the eccentric billionaire. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?