Book Review: Clarity

Clarity
By: Kim Harrington
80% out of 100
Teen Book 
242 pages
Contains Slight Spoilers.
Blurb:
During peak tourist season, a girl is murdered.  It’s ruining Clare’s family business. Clare has physic powers, when she touches an object she can see elements of that objects’ past.  Can she help solve the mystery or will her powers just make trouble for her… and her family?

What I Thought:

I liked the mystery and pace of the story, but the characters annoyed me.  Perry because he never thought of the consequences his actions could have.  I didn’t like how Clare used all the boys and was very selfish sometimes.  I also didn’t like how quickly she would change her feelings about the boys.  Clare also just ran away from people when she felt like it and was really rude at some points.  Most of the characters annoyed me, but I liked the general gist of the story. I liked the pace and the plot.  The mystery kept me on the edge of my seat and the actual mystery behind the murder was interesting.  I also liked all the plot twists and “Whoa” points throughout the book.  I also liked how you thought you knew what was going to happen from the beginning.

Summary of my review:
I’d give it a try, but I’m not sure whether or not I’m going to continue on with the series. Don’t expect anything good from the characters.  Not the best, but pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?