Book Review: Danny Chaucer's Flying Saucer

Danny Chaucer's Flying Saucer
By: Christopher Peter
★1/2
90% out of 100
Children's Book
123 pages

Disclaimer: I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for honest-opinion review.  This however, does not change my opinion in any way, shape or form.  

What I Thought:
I don't even know how to write this review.  This book was adorable and will forever have a place in my heart, but I didn't love it.  Younger Veronica would have loved this to pieces.  I am definitely going to recommend this to younger readers.  I didn't like or dislike the characters.  
I feel like that in younger or middle grade books there is little to no time for character development. 
This book was not really different on the character development front.  Also, in a very short page count, you don't really get to know the characters.  This leads me to my second and final complaint, I felt that the book was just too short.  This concept had so much to expand onto, but it just didn't use the tip of that potential iceberg.  I know that it is going to be a series, but I wish that the book had just been longer instead of making it a series.  I am going to be completely honest, I kept putting reading this off, and that was a big mistake.  I could not put this book down once I picked it up.  It was cute, funny and was the type of book that keeps a smile on your face.  I loved BOB and the mystery at the beginning.  I also loved how BOB talked. He was so sassy and funny.  

Summary of My Review:
If you're in the mood for something short and sweet, this is what you want to should pick up.  
I regret not picking this up earlier.  The characters aren't so hot, but the plot and writing definitely make up for it. This is something that you should read yourself, then give to a younger child, grandchild, niece, nephew, or any young child.  

Christopher Peter- This book isn't the best book in the history of the galaxy, but it wasn't far from it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your groove with journaling

How Does Unique Formatting in Books Affect Your Reading Experience?

Does This Mean I'm Not A Reader Anymore?